Lineup announced for 2012 JGP Austria
The ISU announced today the full lineups for the third ISU Junior Grand Prix (JGP) of Figure Skating Series event of the season to be held Sept. 12-16, Linz, Austria.
The 14-member Team USA will be led by reigning U.S. junior champion Nathan Chen. Competitors for the remaining events will be announced in the coming weeks.
- 2011 JGP Estonia bronze medalist
- 2011 JGP Poland bronze medalist
- 2012 U.S. junior bronze medalist
- 2011 U.S. novice champion
- 2012 U.S. junior champion
- 2010-11 U.S. novice champion
- 2008 U.S. intermediate bronze medalist
- 2007 U.S. juvenile silver medalist
- 2012 U.S. novice silver medalists
- 2011 U.S. novice champions
- 2011 JGP Estonia bronze medalists
- 2010 U.S. intermediate champions
- 2012 U.S. junior silver medalists
Click here to see the full list of entries.
Now in its 16th season, the JGP Series consists of seven international events in a cumulative point-scoring format. Each athlete is eligible to score points in two of the seven scheduled events (pairs can compete in two of four designated events). The top six point-earners in each discipline qualify for the Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final, Dec. 6-9 in Sochi, Russia.
2012 Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating schedule
- Courchevel, France (Aug. 22-26)
- Lake Placid, N.Y. (Aug. 29 – Sept. 2)
- Linz, Austria (Sept. 12 – 16)
- Istanbul (Sept. 19 – 23)
- Bled, Slovenia (Sept. 26 – 30)
- Zagreb, Croatia (Oct. 3 – 7)
- Dresden, Germany (Oct. 10 – 13)